30 Jan Healthy Chocolate Covered Strawberries
Just because it’s good for you, doesn’t mean it has to look and taste bad. With this yummy healthy chocolate covered strawberries recipe you need not compromise taste or good looks. What better way to show your love than making your own hand-dipped chocolate covered strawberries to impress your special someone?
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin coconut oil (such as Barlean’s)
- 2 tablespoons agave syrup
- ¼ cup plus 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa (such as Ghirardelli or Green and Black’s) or raw organic cacao powder (such as Navitas Naturals Organic)
- 15 large organic strawberries, washed and dried, stems left on (note: be sure to dry strawberries very, very well!)
Line a cooking sheet with parchment paper. In a medium-sized, microwave-safe mixing bowl add the lime juice and coconut oil; heat in the microwave for 1 minute, or until oil is melted. Immediately stir in the agave syrup and cocoa or cacao powder. Mix to combine well. Take a strawberry, and dip it completely into the chocolate. Twirl it around to get it completely coated. Put it on the cookie sheet to cool. Repeat until all the strawberries are covered. Refrigerate strawberries for 1 hour, or until chocolate hardens. Note: Chocolate dipped strawberries are best if made no more than 48 hours before serving.