20 Aug Grilled Steak with Pepper Relish
In this delicious, low-fat recipe; colorful bell peppers are tossed in a balsamic-herb vinaigrette and grilled in a foil packet at the same time as the steak for a no-fuss, easy cleanup dinner for two. Serve with corn on the cob.
This recipe is for 2 servings but can easily be adjusted for the entire family. Only 35 minutes from start to finish
Yields 2 servings Ready in 35 minutes Ingredients:
- 1 1/2 small or 1 large red, yellow, and/or orange bell pepper, sliced & seeded
- 1/2 small onion, halved and sliced
- 1 tablespoon(s) balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) capers, rinsed
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) finely chopped fresh thyme or 1/2 teaspoon dried, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) freshly ground pepper, divided
- 8 ounce(s) (1-1 1/4 inches thick) sirloin or strip steak, trimmed and cut into 4 portions
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) garlic powder
- Preheat grill to medium.
- Combine bell peppers, onion, vinegar, oil, capers, 1 teaspoon fresh thyme (or 1/4 teaspoon dried), and 1/8 teaspoon each salt and pepper in a large bowl.
- Stack two 20-inch-long pieces of foil. Arrange the pepper mixture on one half and fold the foil. Tightly seal the packet by crimping and folding the edges together.
- Sprinkle both sides of steak with garlic powder, the remaining thyme and 1/8 teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- Oil the grill rack (see Tip). Place the steak and foil packet on the grill. Grill the steak about 4 minutes per side for medium-rare, 5 minutes per side for medium. Grill the packet until the vegetables are tender, 10 to 12 minutes. Let the steak rest for 5 minutes. Serve the steak with the peppers.
Tip: To oil a grill rack, oil a folded paper towel, hold it with tongs, and rub it over the rack (Do not use cooking spray on a hot grill)
From: Delish.com / Provided by: Eatingwell.com