18 Dec Holiday Exercise
During the hustle and bustle of the Holiday Season many people skip the gym. Add that to the holiday parties and eating more of what you normally wouldn’t and you get extra unwanted pounds! So here are a few easy and quick tips to keep active when you need to skip your workout.
- Several times per day stand up and down from your chair 10-30x. Do what your body can handle and build up the repetitions week by week.
- Use a headphone with an extension so that you can walk around the office while on a call.
- If your chair is sturdy and has arms, use your own arms to lift your body out of the chair as many times as you can. It’s like a “dip” and it should be done several times per day
- If possible eat lunch at your desk during non-lunch time and use your lunch break to take a walk.
- If you get a 10 or 15 minute break walk up and down the stairs as many times as you can
- To work your abs sit on the edge of your seat and with a straight back lean back as far as you can without collapsing. Then use your abs to pull yourself back to an upright position. Do this as many times as you can.
- Push away from your desk and extend your legs straight. Point and flex your feet tightening your shins and calves as hard as you can. Do this until it burns.
All of these small movements really add up by the end of the day. You’ll feel less lethargic; you’ll maintain your strength and feel better until you can get back into your routine!