08 Jul Low Fat Curried Fish Kebabs
Enjoy these low-fat curried fish kebabs with whole grain rice, Quinoa, grilled veggies or a fresh green salad with a light citrus dressing. Perfect Summertime recipe that’s quick and easy and oh so tasty! Original Recipe calls for broiling, but we have also added the grilling instructions if you prefer to cook out doors!
Prep Time: 30 minutes – Cook Time: 10 minutes – Total Time: 40 minutes –Servings: 4
- 1 8-ounce carton plain nonfat or low fat yogurt, drained
- 1 tsp crushed garlic
- 2 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 20-ounces firm white fish such as cod or halibut cut into chunks
- 1 tsp paprika
- Blend drained yogurt with crushed garlic, curry powder and lemon juice.
- Place chunks of fish in a large glass baking dish and pour curried yogurt mixture over them.
- Stir to cover the fish pieces.
- Alternatively, place fish and yogurt mixture in a large resealable plastic bag.
- Marinate in the refrigerator for up to 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, soak bamboo skewers in cold water for 30 minutes.
- When ready to cook, preheat broiler** (or see grilling instructions below).
- Thread marinated fish pieces on to wooden skewers.
- Sprinkle with a little paprika.
- Spray broiler rack with nonstick cooking spray, and broil fish kebabs for 5 minutes each side.
- Serve with preferred side dish.
**This recipe can also be grilled – Spray the grill lightly with cooking oil and place the fish kebabs on the grill. Cook for about 4-6 minutes each side or until the fish flakes easily with a fork.
Per serving: Calories 196, Calories from Fat 34, Total Fat 3.7g (sat 0.7g), Cholesterol 46mg, Sodium 126mg, Carbohydrate 7g, Fiber 7g, Protein 33g
Recipe from About.com Low Fat Cooking
Submitted by: Fiona Haynes