12 Dec Waist Management
By Christine King
Published December 5, 2016, Boca Newspaper | Delray Newspaper
Happy New Year!
Wait, did I skip a month or am I just going crazy? Neither! This year we’re going to make December…January. Why, you ask? Well, it’s really pretty simple.
Think back to former years of impending doom as Dec. 31 approached. The feeling of dread invading your body at the very thought of writing New Year’s resolutions. Again. The anxiety and anticipation of pain from sore muscles, the deprivation of your favorite foods and beverages and the exhaustion from getting up earlier in order to experience this bliss. Not.
This year will be different! After giving thanks and celebrating with family and friends on Nov. 24 let’s theoretically make the next calendar month January. Over the holiday weekend create a list of health and fitness goals. PLAN=SUCCESS!
While freezing portioned out left-over turkey and throwing that carcass in the slow cooker to make delicious bone broth; gather your phone, a fresh piece of paper, your favorite pen and create the following:
– A list of healthy proteins and carbohydrates you enjoy
– The best day for:
1. Food shopping
2. Food prepping
– The best time of day to move your body for 20 uninterrupted minutes, three times/week.
– Your truth. Realistic, attainable goals to reach in 90 days.
So there, you did it! The hard part is over. Enter the above in your calendar (on “repeat” please) and Monday, Nov. 28 step into a new world. Imagine more energy, looser clothes, joy invading your entire being simply because you escaped the fright of the New Year and have the “edge” on the rest of the world. By Jan. 1 five to seven pounds will be gone and you’ll breeze through the New Year with renewed confidence and the ambition to take your program to the next level.
Secretly, you’ll be giggling inside while watching friends suffer through their resolutions. Their sallow eyes will look at you with confusion and envy wondering how you got in better shape. Their bewilderment over your bounding energy puzzles them all the while you have a glistening smile and an incredible sense of pride for maintaining your Thanksgiving commitment.
Sound good? It sure does to me! Here are a few tips for your Thanksgiving weekend planning session:
– Plastic snack bags will save your life
– Plan six small meals per day and never leave home without food.
– A meal consists of a lean protein and a healthy carb
– Add water intake to your daily plan (1/2 your body weight in ounces)
– Always cook extra. Place in snack bags and freeze!
– Consider using an app like “My Fitness Pal”. It actually howls at you if you get too far off course and tells you you’re going to gain weight if you maintain the current course.
– Grab a buddy. This makes everything easier. Food shopping and prep, workouts, accountability and moral support.
Christine King is a Medical Exercise Specialist, Fitness Expert, and Founder/CEO of Your Best Fit Inc. She and her team have helped thousands of people recover from injuries, look and feel better and improve their overall wellbeing. She can be reached at Christine@YourBestFit.com. www.YourBestFit.com